ESA: YOUNG GRADUATE TRAINEE
ESA’s Young Graduate Trainee (YGT) Programme offers young graduates the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience in the development and operation of space missions in an international and multicultural environment.
Our high-calibre YGT Programme lasts for one year and is a launch pad for many exciting professional opportunities within Europe’s space sector, renowned research institutes or, of course, ESA itself.
Every year in February, we publish around 100 YGT opportunities in science and engineering, information technology, natural and social sciences and business.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the YGT Programme, you must be:
- A student in the final year of a Master’s degree at university or having just graduated.
- A citizen of one of the following ESA Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia as Associate Members, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Cyprus and Slovakia as European Cooperating States.
What we offer
The ESA Young Graduate Trainee Programme offers:
- A unique professional experience as part of a team of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe, working together on inspiring space missions in an international, multicultural and friendly environment.
- A great opportunity to gain extensive experience that could open doors to a career within Europe’s space sector.
- A one-year contract (with possible extension for a second year) with 2.5 days paid leave per month.
- Excellent employment conditions, including a monthly salary exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States.
- Travel expenses reimbursed at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Expatriation allowance and/or an installation allowance on arrival if you move from another country. Excess luggage costs are also reimbursed.
- Comprehensive health cover under ESA’s social security scheme. Please note that Young Graduate Trainees do not contribute to ESA’s pension scheme and may wish to opt for alternative solutions.
Fonte: sito ESA