Customers globally rely on our extensive range of products and services—
from life-saving medicines to lab essentials to next-generation instruments.Our Operations team leverages our PPI (Practical Process Improvement Business System) to manufacture and produce these products and continuously improve productivity and quality all while contributing to our Mission - to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Within the Manufacturing Planning Department, the Manufacturing Planner will be responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements ensuring the most efficient utilization of the company’s productive capacity. Key areas also include capacity requirements evaluation, constant monitoring of production readiness and materials availability, continuous improvement of responsible areas and support activities related to SAP system maintenance to ensure MRP update.
- Schedule production for the assigned manufacturing areas balancing at best demand and supply
- Ensure the most efficient resources utilization via continuous communication with Operations
- Communicates effectively with manufacturing managers, supervisors, and team leaders to identify and avoid capacity constraints assuring production plan feasibility
- Monitors production readiness checking: raw materials and components inventory, materials approval status and relevant manufacturing docs availability
- Issue production orders to allow Production Deps to execute the plans
- Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with demonstrated performances (working center and working cycle)
- Escalate and resolve issues where there is reason to believe that extraordinary risk, duration, or magnitude of client dissatisfaction exists
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources and alternative supply options
- Establish processes and leverage systems to efficiently plan & evaluate capacity in a growth oriented environment
- Effectively manage demand variation ensuring optimal capacity utilization
- Periodic update of procedures related to production and materials planning process
- Strictly collaborate with the Buyer Planner to ensure on-time ordering of all materials needed taking into consideration suppliers replenishment lead time
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Approx. 3 years of experience in a similar function
- Strong multitasking skills, well organized and good communication skills at all level
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel)
- SAP/MRP knowledge is preferred
- Good English level (written and spoken)
The selected candidate will experience a strong technical and professional growth in a fast-paced multinational environment, gaining exposure to all internal functions and key vendors of a large pharmaceutical manufacturing site.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.