Within the Custom Design department of the Industrial Air division there is currently a vacancy for a purchaser with technical insight.
In this position you are responsible for purchasing and scheduling non-standard components intended for compressors of the Custom Design department that meet the set standards in terms of quality - cost price - delivery time.
You manage the supplier market for these components in an active way.
You also take care of cost price analyses and price allocations, follow-up of the quality performance and the delivery performance.
You work closely with colleagues from the Custom Design team, Production and Purchasing.
You contribute to improvement projects to optimize material flow within the department.
You place orders with existing or new suppliers and follow them proactively to ensure timely deliveries.
You are alert and creative to anticipate possible shortages of parts.
Experience in a production function and knowledge of our products are an additional asset.
Experience in negotiating with suppliers is a plus
You have commercial and technical insight and you appreciate the achievement of measurable results.
You can express yourself fluently in English. Knowledge of German and French are plus points.
You are willing to learn Dutch.;
You hold a master degree in engineering.
- You have a technical affinity.
- You are a team player who is prepared to be flexible in a dynamic and autonomous team.
- You work systematically, accurately and you can work efficiently under a high workload.
- You can deal with unexpected situations, act on your own initiative and implement solutions.
- You are customer-oriented: you provide an excellent service and build a good relationship with your external and internal customers.
- You are practical and hands-on.
- You can think innovatively by applying innovative and creative ideas.
- You can set your priorities and structure your work.
- You can show, transfer and share knowledge, expertise and working methods in a formal or informal way.
- You take on responsibilities in the work and you are fully committed to offering quality.
- You pay attention to your own development and the continuous learning of new skills and knowledge.