The purchasing department of Atlas Copco Product Company Brendola is currently looking for a buyer. In this position, you are responsible for the purchase of components for compressors and/or refrigerant dryers that meet the requirements in terms of quality, price and delivery performance.
You manage the suppliers market for the components within your commodity range in an active way, meaning you are responsible for:
- Development of a network of suppliers capable of supporting current needs and strategic goals Supplier selection process with price analyses (based on total cost of ownership) and price negotiations.
- Identification of product and/or process optimization leading to cost reductions.
- Challenging and optimization of product specification in close cooperation with our engineering department.
- Negotiation of supply agreements.
- Optimization of supply chain process.
- Follow-up of quality performance (together with the SQA engineer) and delivery performance.
- Administrative, financial & economic follow-up of the suppliers.
Together with colleagues from Engineering, you work on product development projects and you lead your own purchasing projects.
In this position you will report to the Purchasing Manager.
You have a profound knowledge of Italian and English.
You are a commercial or industrial engineer or equal through experience.
- You have a dynamic personality and you can solve problems in a creative way.
- You demonstrate a high level of administrative accuracy and you enjoy motivating people and achieving your goals under pressure.
- You are prepared to travel.
- You are able to organize your work in an independent way according to right priorities.
You have excellent ability to work in team.